Xugong KS Provides You with The Highest-Performing Marine Turbocharger in The Market.
- Excellent Performance in High Load
- More Suitable for High Output Engine
- High Turbine Efficiency
- Quality Warranty of 90 Days
- OEM and ISO Certified
XuGong KS Marine Turbocharger Quality Certification
Xugong KS Top Sales Marine Turbocharger
S2E marine turbo for 950F loader with quality warranty from Xugong KS.
Powerful and durable penta marine KAMD32 turbocharger for Volvo.
Penta K26 marine turbocharge for Volvo ships. OEM and ISO certified.
Powerful marine turbocharger for your 3116 3116T Caterpillar engines.
JF155039 C15 marine turbocharger with powerful forced induced system.
Perfect for Caterpillar marine turbo CTW5101 and CAT 3126.
Marine 3306 turbocharger with high-impact and great force.
Perfectly made for 3306 engine turbocharger. OEM and ISO certified.
Penta AD41 marine turbocharge suitable for Volvo with quality warranty.
Why Should You Rely on Xugong KS Marine Turbocharger Manufacturer?
Xugong KS marine turbochargers are just one of many bestselling and high-quality products we have. Our expert engineers have developed this supercharging for your diesel engines. Our marine turbochargers exhaust gas from all cylinders into a common large manifold. This avoids exhaust grouping.
Order only top quality marine turbochargers. Check out Xugong KS today!
Xugong KS Marine Turbocharger Manufacturer
XuGong KS Marine Turbocharger Manufacturer Overview
- XuGong KS Team
- Xugong KS Team at Bauma Exhibition
The Most Heavy-Duty Marine Turbocharger from Xugong KS
Xugong KS marine turbocharger manufacturer has been producing and distributing marine turbochargers for more than ten years. Our company always supply the most durable marine turbocharger, lasting for years. It is made with the most powerful and advanced technology available in China.
If you want to get the best marine turbocharger, we can recommend you tons of marine turbochargers. Our marine turbochargers are easy to use and works with a variety of ships.
Send us an inquiry today at Xugong KS!
Features of Xugong KS Marine Turbocharger
Xugong KS marine turbocharger are high-performing turbochargers and very efficient even with huge loads. Our marine turbocharger has high turbine efficiency due to the steady flow of exhaust.
Xugong KS marine turbocharger works smoothly when transferring work at the turbine wheel. Our marine turbocharger has a great reduction on specific fuel oil consumption by 5%-7%.
Order Xugong KS marine turbocharger manufacturer today!
24/7 Online Customer Support for Xugong KS Marine Turbocharger
Xugong KS aftersales continuously monitors hydraulic and other critical systems to assist preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for your marine turbochargers. Just send an inquiry now, and we can surely help you with your assembly as soon as possible.
Xugong KS online support is available all day and all night for your marine turbocharger inquires and concerns. If you want to know more about our marine turbocharger, we can definitely assist you with our expert team. We can provide you the best knowledge available for marine turbochargers.
We are just a click away from giving you the best products and solutions for your marine turbocharger needs.
Fast and Efficient Shipping at Xugong KS Marine Turbocharge Distributor
Xugong KS marine turbocharger are needed to packed securely and safely due to size and tech. Xugong KS marine turbocharger distributor makes sure your marine turbocharger are delivered safely in wooden crates.
Xugong KS marine turbocharger distributor delivers everywhere in China and around the world. We can ship your marine turbocharger via sea to lower your shipping costs.
Plus, XuGong KS exports to more than 50 countries like American, Canada, Chile, Brazil, Mexico, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Indonesia, and so on. We guarantee you we can ship your marine turbocharger.
Order excellent marine turbochargers from Xugong KS! High quality here in China to your construction doorstep!
Marine Turbocharger – The Definitive FAQ Guide
The marine turbocharger FAQ Guide is a comprehensive guide addressing the most frequently asked questions related to Turbochargers for Marine Engines.
The guide answers a wide variety of questions relating to the different types of turbochargers used in diesel engines, working principles, cost, applications, materials, lifetime, and much more.
Even if you are a beginner or an expert, this guide will assist you in getting familiar with a marine turbocharger.
1. What do you mean by marine turbocharger?
The marine turbocharger is an engine component that increases the mass flow rate of air flowing into an internal combustion engine, increasing the engine power output.
And of course, for marine applications, there comes its name from the shipping term called – marine.
A marine turbocharger was invented to give engines more power and efficiency by increasing high-pressure air from the compressor and its turbine.
Its compact design allows for improved heat handling, which in turn increases high-altitude operation.
It is the heart of a marine vessel – durability, and speed. Turbochargers serve to increase the output of an engine that is designed to run at a slower pace.
2. What is the working principle of a marine turbocharger?
The working principle of the marine turbocharger is the same as that of a car with an air pump.
A turbocharger is an exhaust-driven forced induction device that takes energy from an engine’s exhaust and uses it to spin a turbine to produce more airflow.
The thrust force exerted on the turbine causes it to undergo an unbalanced rotation whose speed can reach up to several thousand rpm with an instant reaction force.
Therefore, through the reduction gear between the turbine and the shaft, it can drive the compressor to rotate at several hundred rpm to compress inlet air into fuel injectors or directly into a combustor.
This process is called ‘compressing air’.
The compressed air enters the engine and speeds up the combustion process in the cylinders to improve the performance.
The exhaust gases exit at high speed to reduce the backpressure on the pistons.
In this way, the turbocharger compressor pumps become vital components in marine engines.
3. How much marine turbocharger cost?
The cost of the marine turbocharger varies depending upon several factors.
These factors include the quality of material used in manufacturing, a brand from it purchased, the shape of the marine turbocharger, performance and efficiency, the size of the marine turbocharger, the warranty associated, and the lifetime.
The cost of an axial flow aluminum marine turbocharger lies in the range of $50 to $3500 per piece.
The price of a wooden case marine turbocharger varies from $500 to $600 per piece.
The cost of a marine turbocharger associated with a four-stroke and six-cylinder lies in the range of $5840 to $5860 per piece.
The higher the price indicates the higher quality of material used in manufacturing, ultimately leading to a longer lifetime.
4. How can I get a marine turbocharger?
You can get a marine turbocharger from two sources. These sources are listed below:
These sources help you get your desired marine turbocharger.
Through online sources, you can read customer reviews about different manufacturers to select the best and reliable manufacturers or suppliers.
These suppliers provide you with your marine turbocharger with the required specifications directly at your home address.
You can also get a marine turbocharger by physically visiting nearby stores, seeing the quality used in manufacturing, and selecting the desired size of marine turbocharger that fits your needs.
You can get a marine turbocharger instantly through cash payment without waiting as you do in an online purchase.
You can choose either one depending on your convenience.
5. What are the benefits of marine turbochargers?
There are several benefits of the marine turbocharger. Some of the main benefits are listed below:
- Marine turbocharger provides less engine rpm at rated power, which improves power-to-weight ratio and fuel consumption.
- If the speed of the ship increases, marine turbochargers increase the turbine speed to maintain the power output and do not overload an engine.
- Marine turbochargers enhance engine performance by increasing responsiveness while cruising at sea.
- A marine turbocharger is usually small and compact compared with its industrial counterpart.
- Marine turbocharger requires less fuel to achieve the same amount of work. Therefore, marine turbochargers can save a lot on fuel costs at sea.
6. What are the types of marine turbochargers?
The marine turbochargers are classified into two types based on the number of exhaust gases excluded.
- Axial Flow Marine Turbochargers
- Radial Flow Marine Turbochargers
Axial Flow Marine Turbochargers:
The shaft of the axial flow marine turbocharger is parallel with the plane of the turbine.
The exhaust gases enter and leave the marine turbocharger axially.
Axial flow marine turbocharger provides high boost pressure and high efficiency.
Radial Flow Marine Turbocharger:
In radial flow, marine turbocharger exhaust gases move towards the blades at a tangential angle and exit the exit holes along the flat side of the edge.
Radial flow marine turbochargers are a type of turbocharger that enable more power out of engines by giving it the ability to produce more boost.
7. Can I repair my marine turbocharger?
Yes, you can repair your marine turbocharger.
It is vital to know what part of the marine turbocharger fails before performing calibrations on the marine turbocharger.
Often many marine turbocharger users will not see issues relating to the attachments as part of the repair. Still, in some cases, an attachment problem can lead to a turbine wheel failure.
To help find the cause of any issues, it is highly recommended that all attachments be removed and inspected for cracks and wear, while all hydraulic connections are inspected for leaks.
After your attachments have been verified, pick one leading to issues and get it repaired by professional technicians.
8. What are the components of a marine turbocharger?
Several components join to make up a marine turbocharger.
The components of marine turbocharger include
- Compressor wheel,
- Compressor housing,
- Turbine wheel,
- Turbine housing,
- Exhaust gas outlet area,
- Exhaust gas inlet area,
- Forged Steel Shafts,
Each component or part has its specific application or feature. However, you cannot make your marine turbocharger work effectively and efficiently without a single member mentioned above.
9. How can I fit a marine turbocharger?
You can install your marine turbocharger by following the given steps:
- Start by removing the old exhaust manifold gasket material and pipe surfaces. It must be cleaned and free of damage.
- Eliminate all foam or plastic from the path of the turbo.
- Locate the turbocharger onto the engine or exhaust manifold. Make sure to replace the gasket or O-ring if needed. Then join the exhaust pipe to the turbocharger.
- Tighten all screws or bolts to the correct level of tension.
- Keep an eye out for oil leaks. Ensure that the oil lines are completely clear of dust, dirt, and other foreign objects so that the oil does not spill out.
- Filling the oil into the turbocharger will help the engine to run more easily. All parts must be checked and lubricated properly.
Test your installation, and now you can operate your turbocharger.
10. What are the applications of marine turbochargers?
There are many applications of the marine turbocharger. The main applications of marine turbocharger include the following:
- For the boats with a low weight that is driven by engines,
- Marine diesel engines;
- Small boats;
- Gas-propeller cruisers;
- Speed boats;
- Offshore powerboats;
- Military Vessel
The marine turbocharger is used to produce an increased amount of power in an engine. This allows the boat to operate at a faster speed without straining the engine.
11. What are the causes of marine turbocharger surging?
One of the most common problems for marine diesel engines is turbocharger surging.
A turbo is designed to spin continuously without stopping, but sometimes it fails due to component damage or poor maintenance, which causes it to surge.
The different causes of marine turbocharger surging are listed below:
- The causes of turbocharger surging may vary according to the type of engine driven. For example, marine diesel engines are more prone to surging because of the large variations in the atmospheric conditions during the voyage.
- The main reason is that they have inferior ignition quality and insufficient exhaust gas discharge performance.
- Marine turbocharger surging is usually caused by a lack of lubricity in the engine/compressor system. This situation increases the tension on the bearings and causes excessive vibration, ultimately stripping threads on the fasteners.
12. What are the marine turbocharger specifications?
The specifications of marine turbochargers vary depending upon the model to model and size.
The general specifications of a marine turbocharger are listed below:
|Sr. No.||Marine Turbocharger Specifications|
|2||Revolution per minute||3000|
|3||Volume capacity||300 cc – 700 cc|
|4||Compressor wheel||98 mm|
|8||A / R||0.340|
|11||Compressor||Single-stage / Centrifugal|
|12||Turbine||Fixed geometry / twin entry/ radial|
|13||Maximum torque||200 kW|
|14||Maximum Power||1000 Nm|
Large marine turbochargers have greater specifications and also the cost associated.
13. What is the marine turbocharger air filter?
The function of the marine turbocharger air filter is to prevent foreign particles from entering the turbocharger.
It also keeps the turbo air supply free and clear of any dust, dirt, or other particles that may interfere with proper performance.
The marine turbocharger air filter is made of cellular openings that allow air to pass through it.
It improves overall combustion and can create a greater fuel economy for the boat.
Air filter imparts additional protection to your marine engine. It also increases the lifetime of the marine engine and reduces the extra maintenance cost.
A marine turbocharger air filter enhances the power of your engine and thus leads to increased engine efficiency.
14. What is the Hs code of marine turbochargers?
The HS Code of marine turbochargers varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. However, it is classified under China’s tariff classification code and can be used in auto-parts trade.
The Hs Code appears on the export documentation, such as certificate of origin, invoice, Shipment information.
It’s used to classify traded goods according to a set of standard criteria.
Your marine turbocharger Hs code will be listed on the invoice that customer receives when they place an order.
The marine turbocharger Hs code will be used to determine which taxes apply to your shipment and calculate applicable duties.
Hs code comprises eight digits and provides information about a product, product quantity, price per unit, and company number.
15. How to cool marine turbochargers?
To cool the marine turbocharger, the device will be cooled by an oil cooler or air.
Cooling of a marine turbocharger is performed with the help of a coolant.
Coolant enters the surrounding compressor portion of the turbocharger through the inlet valve.
It absorbs heat and then passes through an oil separator and then flushes to the nozzle.
After that, coolant reaches the impellor, which mixes it with air. Then it goes into the diffuser, where it mixes with a large volume of air and provides for quick cooling.
The turbocharger’s cooling system should be designed so that the temperature is monitored and maintained below the maximum allowable temperature.
The turbocharger is cooled or lubricated by the engine oil. Therefore, it is to be kept clean and free of contaminants that may impede lubrication.
16. What is the maintenance requirement for a marine diesel engine turbocharger?
The maintenance requirements of marine diesel engine are listed below:
- The correct fuel is vital for the life of a marine diesel engine. Make sure to periodically lubricate your marine diesel engine turbocharger to enhance its life and performance.
- Maintenance of the turbocharger mainly refers to the care of the compressor, turbine, and impeller.
- You also need to pay attention to whether there are problems in the exhaust system and heat transfer system, and between the heat transfer system and thermal oil tank has good communication.
- The maintenance requirement of a marine diesel engine ranges from replacing the bearings, tightening the fasteners, checking the turbocharger shaft angle, etc.
- Ensure to regularly check and repair the turbochargers used in the marine engines are more sensitive to the dirt and moisture, wear and tear because they must go through enormous stress conditions due to high water pressure variation.
17. What materials are used in making marine turbochargers?
There are several material types used in making marine turbochargers.
Some of these materials include:
- Stainless steel
- Aluminum alloy
- Titanium alloy
- Forged Steel
- Cast Iron
Some of these materials are largely preferred because of their light density and high strength-to-weight ratio.
These materials are also resistant to wear and tear under most conditions encountered from operation at sea.
These materials can withstand high-temperature subjections and thus keep your marine turbocharger working effectively.
18. What is the marine turbocharger full overhauling?
The marine turbocharger full overhauling is the inspection or repair of a turbocharger or its components.
So, that the marine turbocharger will work more smoothly, effectively, and for a longer period.
It provides a complete functional test on all components, including the power turbine, compressor wheel, bearings, shaft, bearings, and seals. It also includes computerized diagnostics.
It is more cost-effective to rebuild the marine turbocharger than to replace the unit entirely.
Since the marine turbos are made of high-tech materials and require high-quality production standards, they recommend replacement rather than a simple repair.
So that they must be able to work under the same quality standards necessary for such complex machines.
19. What is the difference between a marine turbocharger and a supercharger?
A marine supercharger is the type of turbocharger that can deliver more air pressure than a turbocharger, but both are similar.
The difference between marine turbo and superchargers is how they operate.
A supercharger has a high-pressure pump in the engine compartment and a high-pressure hose connected to the throttle body.
A marine diesel engine supercharger can be mounted to an intermediate housing on the engine block.
While the basic function of marine turbochargers and superchargers is the same, there are differences between them in performance, use, etc.
The performance of a supercharger is far more as compared to the standard turbocharger.
The supercharger is used in heavier engines where more efficiency is required compared to a normal marine turbocharger.
20. How to maintain the efficiency of marine turbochargers?
Maintaining the efficiency of the marine turbocharger is not an easy job. First, you must be familiar with all the factors that affect the performance of marine turbochargers.
Such as engine, compressor, pressure, power, fuel consumption.
You should find out what causes the damage to the efficiency of the marine turbocharger, then take measures to eliminate them.
For the full use of the energy, turbochargers have to be properly maintained.
The turbocharger needs to be well protected, avoid collision and vibration from cause damage to it. Therefore, when docking, the ground wire should be removed.
Maintaining the marine turbocharger, the impeller, turbine blades, and shaft should be checked regularly.
And then, the air compression ratio should be calculated according to the original performance of the marine turbocharger to make sure it is in good condition again.
21. What is the best marine turbocharger?
The best marine turbocharger will depend on many different things.
Your engine, your compression ratio, what your boat is set up for, the turbo’s output, and many other factors will dictate what the best marine turbocharger is for you.
The best marine turbocharger will be one that matches your engine’s power, current load request, fuel type, and the environment in which it is used.
Turbochargers need to be evaluated on their basis.
For example, a turbocharger designed for a small engine with low fuel consumption won’t help much when used on a high-pressure machine with a large displacement and high fuel output.
22. Does marine turbocharger produce heat?
Yes, marine turbochargers generate heat as a by-product of their function.
Turbochargers use exhaust gases to spin a turbine, turns an air compressor to pressurize the engine’s intake system.
Some wastes in the form of heat are created in this process.
It would help if you did not worry about the heat because it is a good thing. It means that the turbocharger is working well.
If the amount of heat increases beyond some specific limit, it may cause your marine engine to cease.
An engine’s cooling system is required to reduce the heat produced by the turbocharger to accumulate for the proper functioning of a marine turbocharger.
23. What is the weight of a marine turbocharger?
The weight of the marine turbocharger varies depending upon the model type, size and shape, and amount quantity of material used in manufacturing marine turbochargers.
In general, the weight of the marine turbocharger lies in the range of 1900 Kg to 9300 Kg.
The weight of a turbocharger is the amount of mass of a device.
As the mass increases, the engine increases its torque, power, wattage by the same amount.
An increase in weight is an increase in HP. But with greater weight comes greater stress on components in the system.
For example, crankshafts may fail due to excessive stress if they are not designed to withstand the increased power and torque.
24. Is it possible to get a marine turbocharger from China?
Yes, it is possible to get a marine turbocharger from China.
The only thing you need to do is to find a reliable and affordable Chinese marine turbocharger supplier.
It is a good choice to import from china.
These manufacturers or suppliers also provide you with an option to get a custom marine turbocharger manufactured.
You can change the shape, material, size, specifications, alignment, etc.
These manufacturers provide high-quality marine turbochargers at a low price. In addition, they directly deliver your order to your home address.
Another good thing is that there is no minimum and maximum quantity to order. You can order as much as you want or if you need.
25. How long a marine turbocharger lasts?
The average lifespan of a marine turbocharger is between 25,000 miles and 75,000 miles of operation.
How long depends on engine performance, fuel efficiency, and which type of turbocharger the engines have; engine oil and maintenance procedures.
26. What problems are associated with a marine turbocharger?
There are several problems found in the marine turbocharger. Some of the issues are highlighted below:
- Excessive use and heavier load conditions may result in damage or accidents to your marine turbocharger.
- The turbocharger is inefficient when the engine is run in the lower RPM range or at varying loads because the exhaust temperatures cannot be kept at an optimum level.
- Marine turbochargers may also suffer from problems relating to blocking oil and fuel delivery, resulting in low compression ratio and maximal heat propagation at initial activation, resulting in low capacity utilization and premature damage.