Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kit Supplier
Whether you’re shopping for a hydraulic seal kit, boom seal kits, or a bucket seal kit, KS XuGong is your top choice. We set the bar in replacement hydraulic cylinder seal kits manufacturers to depend on and we offer incredibly fast shipping times. We carry a large inventory, so we always have the parts you need when you need them on hand. Shop our wide selection of hydraulic seal kits from top brands such as NOK, Komatsu, Parker, and more. With only your part number, we can supply Parker hydraulic cylinder seal kits and any other seal kit that will fit your equipment perfectly and backed by the manufacturer’s guarantee.
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: Caterpillar E200B
- OEM NO.:
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: Caterpillar E320
- OEM NO.:
- Make: Volvo
- Model: VOLVO EC360B
- OEM NO.: 14512948
Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kit – The Complete FAQ Guide
Excavators and other heavy machines are known for their strength in carrying out tasks. Excavators, in particular, are known for their excavating strength.
Have you ever asked yourself what enables them to excavate so effectively and efficiently? It’s easy to ignore smaller components of the excavator, such as the hydraulic cylinder seal kits. That’s what you are going to learn here today. You are going to learn:
- What a hydraulic cylinder seal kit is and how it works
- How to tell if your hydraulic cylinder seal kits are damaged
- How to replace or repair damaged hydraulic cylinder kits
Keep reading this article to find out more.
1. What Is A Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kit?
Hydraulic cylinder seal kits are the aftermarket parts for your excavators. They are key components to your hydraulic seals because they are used to seal the gaps between various parts of the hydraulic cylinder.
They block or separate fluids from mixing or leaking.
Now, there are two types of hydraulic seals:
- Dynamic Seals: These seals are mainly used in parts with the relative motion of the hydraulic cylinder. They are beneficial, especially when the hydraulic cylinder works tirelessly because they excel even under pressure.
An example of a dynamic hydraulic cylinder seal is the piston seal. It works tirelessly along your hydraulic cylinder’s tube, on the outer diameter.
- Static Seals: They are used in parts with no relative motion. They are used to seal other parts of the hydraulic cylinder, depending on its structure.
Static seals act like gaskets, and they work best under pressure. You’ll need to ensure that these bolts are tightened to increase this pressure.
Each seal in a hydraulic cylinder seal kit contributes to a hydraulic cylinder’s efficient and effective working. Different types of cylinders have different types of seal kits. You should contact a professional to help you out whenever you are stuck.
2. How Do Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits Work?
Hydraulic seals work by blocking hydraulic fluids such as oil from leaking out of your hydraulic cylinder. They also work by preventing the mixup of two different fluids from different components of the hydraulic seal.
Hydraulic cylinder seal kits are important because, without them, the hydraulic cylinder cannot convert fluid power to linear motion.
Check this out:
Hydraulic cylinder seal kits are usually non-metallic. They are made out of polyurethane or even rubber. The type of material to use on a specific part of the hydraulic cylinder can only be determined by the type of fluid the seal will be blocking.
It is also determined by the amount of pressure and temperature it works under. Using the correct material for your hydraulic cylinder seals is vital, enhancing the hydraulic cylinder’s efficiency and effectiveness.
3. What Are The Components Of A Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kit?
As stated earlier in this guide, there are different components of a hydraulic cylinder seal kit. Remember, different types of hydraulic cylinder seal kits perform different actions when the hydraulic cylinder works.
Check them out:
● Piston Seals:
Piston seals fall under the dynamic seals category. Properly manufactured piston seals guarantee you that no hydraulic fluid passes around the cylinder. Remember that these piston seals work along your hydraulic cylinder’s tube, on the outer diameter.
Wear rings are used during the installation of the piston seals.
● Rod Seals:
Rod seals are one of the most vital parts of hydraulic cylinder seal kits. The rod seal rotates backward and forwards as they successfully curb the leakage of hydraulic fluids from the hydraulic cylinder to the outside.
This prevention of hydraulic fluids leakage is also known as dynamic stress sealing. These rod seals work hand in hand with other seals called the wiper seals, which you will learn about later in this article.
When installing these rod seals, wear rings are used. These rings are primarily used to align the hydraulic cylinder’s centralized piston.
● Wiper Seals:
Wiper seals work hand in hand with rod seals. Their primary function is to safeguard your hydraulic cylinder’s configuration; that is, it prevents the entry of contaminants. Such contaminants include dust, water, dirt (sand), etc.
Another name for wiper seals is the scraper seals.
The primary purpose of any wiper seal is to prevent the entry of contaminants. It protects the internal configuration of the hydraulic cylinder.
4. What Are The Different Types of Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
There are two different types of hydraulic cylinder seal kits. Guide rings aid these seals:
- Dynamic seals – seals used for moving parts in a hydraulic cylinder seal kit.
- Static seals – seals used for non-moving parts in a hydraulic cylinder seal kit.
- Guide Rings – They are used to prevent internal damage to the hydraulic cylinder seals.
When selecting the ideal seal kits for your hydraulic cylinders, consider contacting a reputable company.
5. What Are The Specifications Of Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
Hydraulic cylinder seal kits have their specifications, depending on the type of your hydraulic cylinder. Now, to understand your hydraulic cylinder seals specifications properly, consider the following criteria:
You’ll first need to consider your seal kit’s dimensions. In other words, what is the size of your hydraulic cylinder seal kits? They should fit the grooves on your hydraulic cylinder seals.
It would help if you also considered the pressure and temperature your hydraulic cylinder seal kits would have to face.
The third specification is the material used to manufacture the seal kits. It should not react with different hydraulic fluids under high temperatures.
In other words:
Hydraulic cylinder seal kits refer to the size, amount of pressure, and temperature your seal kits will face and the material used to manufacture the seal kits.
6. How Do You Select The Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
Now, there are some criteria that you need to consider for the proper selection of your hydraulic cylinder seal kits. Different hydraulic cylinders work differently. Therefore, to select the ideal hydraulic cylinder seal kits for your hydraulic cylinder:
- You’ll first need to determine the pressure range. Pressure range includes the severity of the pressure and its frequency.
- The second consideration should be the temperature range of your hydraulic fluids.
- Thirdly, consider the stroking speed of the reciprocating piston rod.
- It would be best if you then considered your hydraulic cylinder’s dimensions. Your seals need to fit perfectly.
- You should also consider the environment where your hydraulic cylinder will work. Consider such environmental elements as temperature and contaminants present.
After the above analysis, you need to know the difference in materials used to make these seals. Good materials enhance the performance and service life of your hydraulic cylinder. Here’s how you can select the ideal materials:
- The material should provide adequate elasticity over a wide range of temperature changes, especially when the temperature is low.
- It should provide exceptional stress and compression handling to be able to seal properly.
- It should be rigid enough to prevent leakages and the mixing up of hydraulic fluids.
- Proper chemical composition of the material so that it does not react chemically with hydraulic fluids under heat.
- Seals’ materials should be able to achieve excellent tribological
You can always contact us to help you out when selecting the ideal hydraulic cylinder seals for your excavator.
7. How Should I Install My Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits Correctly?
Your hydraulic cylinder will undoubtedly work correctly when you install its seal kits correctly. Hydraulic cylinder seal kits installation begins with preparation. Now, how do you prepare your seal kits for installation?
- You’ll start by cleaning the working area.
- You’ll then clean and dry the hydraulic cylinder’s parts that will have new installations. You’ll then need to carry out an in-depth inspection of the hydraulic cylinder’s parts for burrs. Burrs are bad because they can cut or damage your new seals, meaning that they will be ineffective and inefficient. They’ll also have a shorter service life.
- If there are any present burrs, you can smooth them to prevent premature hydraulic cylinder seal kit failure. Experts prefer using an emery cloth for the smoothing process.
After adequate preparation for installation, you can now begin the installation process. Here’s how you can best install your hydraulic cylinder seal kits:
- You’ll need to start by cleaning all your newly acquired seals. This initial cleaning helps you get rid of any foreign matter on your seal’s surfaces.
- You’ll then slide your O-ring over the hydraulic cylinder’s components that you want to seal. The O-ring should have a fitting groove for it to slide in perfectly.
- You’ll then install any other backup ring that you may require behind the O-ring.
- You can then slide your piston like the O-ring. At times, it may be necessary to use modified techniques to fit these seals. You can even use simple methods such as soaking these seals in hot water for them to expand.
In different conditions, the seal may have to be shrunk to some extent to fit properly during installation.
Here’s the deal:
When you order your seal kits from a reputable company, it comes with all its seals. An experienced mechanic will use them to rebuild a whole hydraulic cylinder. You can always contact us. Our experienced service reps are always available to help you out.
8. What Happens If I Fail To Use Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
If you fail to use hydraulic cylinder seal kits, your hydraulic cylinder may fail to work. In some cases, it may even damage your hydraulic cylinder. Your seal kits serve a great purpose in your hydraulic cylinder.
Whenever you fail to use the proper hydraulic cylinder seal kits, the hydraulic cylinder’s internal components will fracture. The fracture is brought by shocks when the hydraulic cylinder works.
Also, if you fail to use your hydraulic cylinder seal kits, two different hydraulic fluids will mix. It also leaks all the hydraulic fluid you add into it.
This mixup will certainly cause internal failures inside your hydraulic cylinder. Premature failure automatically forces a full replacement of the hydraulic cylinder’s internal components.
9. How Can I Know If My Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits Are Damaged?
There are different ways you can use to find out if your seals are damaged. Now, for seals to get damaged, they must first show signs of failure. That’s when you’ll know that your cylinder seals are damaged.
Here’s how you can know when your seals are failing:
- Hardening – Your seals get hardened when they are exposed to excessive amounts of heat. This heart frequently comes from the environment. You can prevent this hardening by opting to use seals that are suited for hot environments.
Alternatively, you can also opt to shield your seals from this environmental heat by using an insulator. It’ll help you lengthen the service life of your hydraulic cylinder seals.
- Improper Installation – Failure to correctly install your hydraulic cylinder seals can account for their premature failure. Improper installation can be caused by using incorrect tools. Apart from improper tools, there is also failure to observe and remove burrs from the surfaces of your hydraulic cylinder.
Avoid twisting your hydraulic seals when installing them. Twisting causes your seals to have lines of weaknesses, meaning that they’ll fail prematurely.
- Wear and Tear – Premature wearing out of your seals is mostly caused by improper or no lubrication.
- Contamination or Scarring – Contaminants such as sand, wood fragments, or even debris may enter or scar your hydraulic cylinder seal kits. These contaminants weaken your seals and may cause failure.
- Fracturing – Fracturing happens when your hydraulic cylinder has exorbitant pressure. It is therefore important to select the best hydraulic cylinder seal material to help you prevent fracturing.
Here’s a tip:
Always examine your hydraulic cylinders. They’ll tell you when your hydraulic cylinder is in danger. When the seals begin failing, you’ll need to replace them as soon as possible.
10. How Do I Replace My Damaged Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
Replacing your damaged hydraulic cylinder seal kits is important to make your hydraulic cylinder service life longer. Seal replacement also makes your hydraulic cylinders work effectively and efficiently.
Now, replacing your damaged hydraulic cylinder seals requires you to follow the replacement steps as follows:
You’ll need first to take the following precautions:
- Replacement requires you to open up your hydraulic cylinder. It may become difficult to do so when the hydraulic cylinder is installed on your excavator or any other heavy machinery. It is advisable to disassemble from the machine.
However, you need to clean the area where you’ll disassemble the hydraulic cylinder. You’ll also need the cylinder’s body, rod, and adjusted pipes. This type of cleaning ensures complete prevention of the entry of contamination inside your hydraulic cylinder seal kits.
- Use Protective Clothing – During the hydraulic cylinder replacement process, you’ll need to use protective clothing. Such protective clothing includes gloves, footwear with enhanced hardiness on the toes area, safety goggles, etc.
- It’s preferable to replace these seals with a certified and experienced mechanic. It’ll help you, especially if the seals are defective. Attempting to replace them without a certified expert may render the seals’ warranty void.
- Ensure that you always replace your seals.
Now, when replacing your hydraulic cylinder seals, you need to refer to the cylinder’s internal specifics. It’ll help you understand the whole replacement process. You need to understand how you’ll end the replacement process successfully before even starting it.
You can now check out this short video that shows you how to go about the replacement process. It’ll help you to understand how to go about the whole process.
11. How Can I Measure My Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits Size?
Measuring your hydraulic cylinder seal kit size is not an entirely complex process. What you need to understand are the measurement units. You may find some professionals using metric units instead of imperial.
It’ll only require you to have a keen eye.
You can then use measurement tools such as a digital vernier caliper to measure the width and diameter accurately.
12. How Can I Get High-Quality Seal Kits?
The world is full of mediocre manufacturers, suppliers, and exporters of excavator parts, especially when it comes to sealing kits. You, therefore, need to get in touch with a reputable company that manufactures, supplies, and exports high-quality seal kits.
You can get world-class seal kits from KS by ordering them using these four simple steps:
- First, you’ll need to reach out to us and explain your requirements and your budget.
- Once you do so, we’ll contact you within 24 hours, with a suitable free quote, bearing your requirements and budget in mind.
- We’ll then offer you sample parts to test for the quality and reliability of our parts.
- Once you are satisfied, KS then ships over your parts. We use top logistics companies like DHL, FedEx, TNT, etc., to move parts across the globe.
Check this out:
If your hydraulic cylinder seal kit is in stock, you’ll receive it within three days after completing payment. We have 10,000 parts in our stock. However, if your desired seal kit is out of stock, you’ll have to wait for a little bit longer. You’ll, however, receive your seal kits within 15 days.
Now, you may be wondering to yourself:
“How will I send my payment?”
Do not worry; you can use any platform that you are comfortable with to send money. KS accepts payment from different payment method platforms. You can use PayPal, Western Union, T/T, and LC.
Also, KS does not have a minimum order quantity (MOQ). You can choose to order one hydraulic cylinder seal kit, or you can still opt to order in bulk. Now, in case the parts were defective, we have a 90-day warranty policy.
KS manufactures hydraulic cylinder seal kits under the OEM standards of manufacturing. We have been doing so for the past ten years that we’ve been in business.
13. How Can I Repair My Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
When your hydraulic cylinder seal kits get damaged, there is no shortcut – you’ll have to acquire new ones.
There is no way to repair hydraulic cylinder seal kits. Their structure and size will not allow them to be modified.
You need to acquire new hydraulic cylinder seal kits to replace them with the damaged ones. This move will lengthen the service life of your hydraulic cylinder.
14. How Much Do Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits Cost?
Hydraulic cylinder seal kits vary in actual price. This variance is caused by the fact that there are different excavators in the market today. Each excavator’s hydraulic cylinder has different requirements, for example, hydraulic cylinder groove sizes.
You need to get the right hydraulic cylinder seal kits for your hydraulic cylinders to know their prices.
You can contact us today via our website or through a quick call, and we’ll respond with regards to your requirements within 24 hours. Our service reps are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
15. What Are The Benefits Of Using Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kits?
Using the correct hydraulic cylinder seal kit for your hydraulic cylinder is crucial. Why?
The first reason why it is important to use hydraulic cylinder seal kits is that it lengthens the service life of your hydraulic cylinder. Seal kits prevent the leaking of hydraulic fluids to the outside and the mixing of two different hydraulic fluids.
The second benefit is that it prevents the cracking of your hydraulic cylinder’s internal components. They do so by reducing pressure and shock brought about when your hydraulic cylinder works.
The third benefit is that these seals enable the hydraulic cylinder to function effectively and efficiently by converting fluid power to linear motion.
You cannot use a hydraulic cylinder without hydraulic cylinder seal kits.